Author-Provided Video Abstract Guidelines
Authors publishing in Wiley journals have the option to create a video abstract for their article, or have an external vendor create one for them.
Wiley Editing Services
Video creation service to connect your research to a wider audience
Wiley Editing Services also offers a Video Abstract and Video Short creation service to help you create a dynamic and accessible promotional video summarizing your article.
Our team can upload author-provided video abstracts to Brightcove and the article HTML page on Wiley Online Library (WOL) for videos that meet the guidelines below.
- Videos must be 5 minutes in length or less
- Articles must be published in Early View or in an issue before our team can accept your video abstract
- Please ensure that your video’s permissions allow your video to be downloaded
Author-provided videos that will not be accepted:
- Authors reading their paper out loud
- Videos that are not linked to a specific article
Subtitles are strongly recommended for accessibility purposes. For guidance on providing captions for your video abstract, please see the following support pages:
- Ensure your video meets the guidelines above. Videos that do not meet our guidelines will not be accepted by our team
- Email the video file or direct URL to the source video (not the webpage) and article link to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will upload the video to Brightcove and publish the video on the WOL article page
Benefits for Authors
Author-provided video abstracts:
- Are freely available on WOL
- Help authors promote their research
- Provide a richer experience with the article for readers
- Improve content discovery for readers
For questions about the Video Abstracts program, please contact email@example.com.