• On the journal’s homepage, click the ‘Submit an Article’ option on the left-hand side menu to open the Editorial Manager homepage
• Log-in or ‘Register Now’ if you are a first-time user
Submitting your manuscript
• From the Author Main Menu, click ‘Submit New Manuscript’
• Enter data and answer questions as prompted Tip: Be sure to enter all of your funder and grant information in the Funder Information section. This helps us ensure you meet all of your funder requirements.
• Click on the ‘Next’ button on each screen to save your work and advance to the next screen
• Upload your files by selecting the Item Type and then clicking the ‘Choose Files’ button and locating the files on your computer. (Alternatively, you can drag and drop files from an open window.)
• Click ‘Build my PDF’ to prepare the PDF version. Follow the instructions on the screen to proceed to the ‘Submissions Awaiting Author Approval’ screen
• View your submission in PDF format, then click ‘Approve Submission’ to submit your manuscript
• You may suspend a submission at any phase before clicking ‘Approve Submission’ and save to submit later. When you login again to resume, click on the ‘Incomplete Submissions’ link to access the manuscript, and choose ‘Edit Submission’ from the Action menu.
• You will receive a confirmation email after submission
• You can log-in to Editorial Manager at any time to check the status of your manuscript
• The journal will notify you by email once a decision is made
Getting help with your submission
If you need assistance, please contact the journal’s editorial office using the contact details on the journal homepage.