How to create a great Aims and Scope statement
Your journals aims and scope are trying to do two things. Simply put, you're articulating the what and the how to your audience.
- The aim: what the journal is trying to accomplish
- The scope: how the journal will accomplish the aim
For a powerful aims and scope, follow these tips:
- Remove superfluous details and avoid lengthy sentences.
- Avoid repetition
- Outline the benefits for your key audiences of authors and researchers - what will they get out of reading your journal?
- Use evidence to back up claims and highlight achievements.
- Use clear language that considers your global audience
- Use jargon and acronyms sparingly
- Choose an appropriate tone, but do not be afraid of enthusiasm. It's okay demonstrate your passion for the subject and the journal