How to maximize the visibility of your journal
No matter how great the research in your journal is, it will only have impact if researchers, librarians and the general public find it. So how will your audience discover your journal?
Wiley works hard to increase the visibility of your journal and support authors in promoting their research. But here are a few things you can do to maximize your journals' discoverability.
- Create a powerful Aims and Scope.
- Help your authors to increase their article's search engine discoverability.
- Consider press releasing your most newsworthy articles. Read our guidelines to judging news value.
- Use social media to increase engagement with your journal community. Consider creating a blog or developing a podcast series for your audience.
- Encourage your authors to address their audience and provide background and context for their work with Video Abstracts
- Provide guidance to Authors on how they can increase the Impact of Their Work
- Consider collating themed content into a virtual issue in order to generate new readership from specific areas, or showcase content aligned to a particular event