Open Access agreement for eligible authors at participating CRKN institutions in Canada
Publish open access with Wiley
From January 1, 2023, authors affiliated with CRKN institutions in Canada that are participating in Wiley's agreement with CRKN may publish in Wiley's hybrid journals (subscription-based journals which offer an open access option), with no transactional Article Publication Charges (APCs).
You can be confident that by choosing open access your work has the best chance to be read, cited and shared. Read more about the advantages of publishing open access here.
Publishing open access:
- Complies with funder or institution mandates
- Allows you to retain copyright through a CC BY license
- Enables automatic deposit in PubMed Central (when appropriate)
To be eligible:
- The corresponding author must be currently affiliated with an eligible CRKN member institution at the point of acceptance. Authors should select the institution to which they are currently affiliated. Authors without a current affiliation to an eligible institution are not eligible to publish open access under this agreement.
- Corresponding authors should use an institutional email address for a CRKN member institution when submitting their article. You may need to update your Wiley profile to do so.
- Corresponding authors should not use a personal email addresses (e.g. Hotmail, Gmail). Doing so may result in delayed approval or rejection of the open access APC coverage request under the terms of the agreement.
- You must publish open access in a hybrid (subscription) journal that offers open access. Articles published in Wiley and Hindawi fully gold open access journals are not eligible.
- Your article must be primary research or a review article. Refer to the full list of article classifications and their eligibility for open access APC coverage under the agreement.
- You must order hybrid open access by using our order workflow as described below.
- Your manuscript must have been accepted on or after 1 January 2023
- This agreement cannot be used to cover additional charges (e.g. color or page charges), which individual journals may administer separately.
Open access payments made easy with your institution
Follow this step by step guide to making your article open access in a hybrid journal – at no cost to yourself:
Go to the Wiley Author Services Dashboard now, to select open access for your article.
Please contact your university or library with questions.